Friday, August 01, 2008

60 Dollar T-shirt

I am a very bad spender. I am an even worse saver. But I guess that is redundant because if you have bad spending habits, you're prolly not saving much. Unless the bad spending habits are like Papa Bear's... his bad spending is due to the fact that he does not spend at all. But I can bitch about that another time.

As you may be aware, Gereshisimo is getting married in Chicago this weekend and I'm going to witness the union of her chocolate face self with her vanilla face parter John. I cannot tell you how excited I am to see their children (whenever they have them...) because it is no secret that multiracial babies are superior both genetically and visually to pure-bred ones, on average. I say on average because I am perfect, although I am pure bred East Indian, but I am an exception. But I digress.

As I tried on my clothes for the wedding, I realized that due to my dark chocolate complexion, I looked a bit strange in the "wrong" light without an undershirt. It is times like these that I consider bleaching my skin, if only momentarily. White people never really have to worry about this problem of contrasting under a white shirt. One more reason why being brown can be hard sometimes. Anyway, so my only undershirt has a very obscene Banana Republic print on the front (it was 8 dollars at the outlet; give me a break). So I decided I would go buy me a new, plain white undershirt at Macy's. I went all the way to Macy's by train so that I could save money instead of going to, say, Union Station, which is closer but likely to charge more and have less variety of plain white t-shirts.

However, as I walked past the men's shoe section, I noticed they were having a SALE. And this is always what ruins me financially every month. Shoe sales at Macy's. To make a long story short, I ended up buying a nice pair of white Lacoste shoes for 40 dollars (SIXTY PERCENT OFF!!!) which was a steal. I was lucky enough to get the last pair and it was my size. Those shoes had my name on them and there was no way I was letting someone else come and take them away from me. However, by the time I got my 3 pack of plain white t's, I had spent 60 dollars, which is far more than the 10 I went all the way there to spend in the first place. Bah. At least now I have a pair of Lacoste shoes and I can be cool like that lead singer of One Republic, who is the only other person I have ever seen wearing them. Unfortunately, no one knows his name. Regardless, I am cool.

Now I'm off to Gesh's union. See you on the flip side!

No comments: