Thursday, July 10, 2008

I hate the world

Or more specifically, I hate the people on my committee. Those bastards gave me a "conditional pass" with the recommendation that I add a third aim to my proposal and come back and present said third aim to them. All of this after my 2 and a half hour grilling this morning, and two weeks after I handed in my written grant. So basically, I was screwed the moment I walked into that room because no matter what I did or how well I did it, the proposal would still be only 2/3 of what they think is good enough to constitute a grant. And they waited until 1:00pm this afternoon to tell me this. This is the way the molecular cell biology program at Wash U functions. Or does not function. However you wish to look at it. I hate them so much. So very, very much.

No comments: